Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Directors: Wow!

Seriously, I think being a director is one of the most underrated jobs in the world, I mean not if you're Chirstopher Nolan or Mr. Spielberg. What I mean is other up and coming producers who do not have a investor base like the two people mentioned above. Producing a movie, documentary, sitcom, etc. requires a lot of brain power.

Documentaries

Can you imagine filming hours and hours of forest? I mean to be the cameraman in one thing, but to look through say 48 hours of film and condense it and make a story like to 48 mins is one amazing feat. Getting lazy bums watching the television to like those 48 mins is very challenging indeed. Now when I watch documentaries I really appreaciate the effort put in creating it. But, now I get in so much detail in analyzing how its made rather than watching the actual documentary. Anyways, I think its one of the most amazing jobs out there a producer for documentaries. They don't always work out you know.

Sitcoms

You have 18-22 mins to tell a funny story though a series of images that are strung together. C'mon! Just watch Seinfeld, it's great, I mean I not as shallow as Family Guy. Another one, South Park, are they not geniuses or what?! Seriously try it out, write a script for a 3 min commercial and see how hard it is.

Movies

Chirstopher Nolan. (No further explanations needed, references: Memento, The Dark Knight, Inception, etc.)

Yeah, damn straight.

Seriously if I had some time I would consider taking film making classes, it seems fun. Even if its another SCTV FTV series, I think I'd learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment